CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

God's provision is AMAZING!!!

Ok, so I have no idea how this happened except that it was God but Jeremy and I were able to buy ALL of our Christmas Presents this year with cash - no credit cards at all!!!! God is truly providing for us and I am absolutely amazed.

Jeremy and I were talking the other day and I told him that the hardest part of "Getting out of Debt" for me was cutting (or freezing) our credit cards. I realized that my trust was in the credit card for materialistic stuff. If there was something I thought we (I) "needed" but we didn't have the cash that week, I'd put it on the card. The first week I went to the grocery store without the credit card I panicked. I laugh about it now, but honestly I panicked. "How am I going to buy the things we "need" with out the credit card?" I truly had to learn what I "needed" and what I just "wanted". I had to learn that trusting God (not the credit card) to provide for us was so much better.

He never ceases to amaze me. Even with Jeremy's parents living with us, our electricity and water bills have not increased!! Now that is truly a God thing!!! I am truly excited to see what 2009 holds for us as we continue this journey!!!

0 comments: