CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 27, 2008

God provided Gasoline

We met several weeks ago with Tom and Danielle and he mentioned that they only fill up there tank once a week and it has saved them tremendously. They were actually spending less now with high gas prices than a few years ago. So, I decided to give it a try.

I began praying that God would stretch my gas. I really wanted to pray that I could fill up and my tank would never run dry (like the widow's oil). Instead I asked that I would be able to go one full week with out filling up. I just happened to begin this prayer the week we got hit with the gas shortage from the hurricane.

I had filled up on a Tuesday, so I wanted my gas to last til the next Tuesday. Well, Tuesday came and I really didn't need gas so I decided to wait. I was actually going back and forth with the issue. I didn't need gas and I didn't want to fill up until I was on empty. However, we had the gas crunch and I was also afraid that if I waited until I hit empty I might not be able to find gas. So, I prayed. I told God that I was going to have faith and since I had asked Him to stretch my gas (nd He had done so by an extra day) I was going to wait. I was also going to exercise that faith and trust that when I needed the gas, God would provied it.

This happened 2 weeks in a row and I am amazed to say that when I waited, I was able to find gas and I didn't have to go out of my way to find it. I was also able to fill up my tank each time. A lot of people I know were only able to put in $20.00 worth, but I was always able to fill up.

God has continued to stretch my gas each week!! The most amazing thing about this is that I am averaging about 50-60 more miles per tank than before. This past week I got 370 miles out of my tank - the norm is 305-315. What a blessing. Here's another cool thing - I typically need around 18+ gallons when I fill up (from empty). I've averaged more miles per tank and I am pumping less than 18 gallons in my tank. This past week it was a little over 17 gallons. How amazing it that!!!!

God is good all the time, and all the time God is good!!!

0 comments: